Editors Choice

3/recent/post-list

Exclusive: Nyce Wanjeri Speaks On Exiting 'Auntie Boss'



Award winning actress, Nyce Wanjeri, has announced that she will no longer be part of the cast in the popular drama series, Auntie Boss.

Wanjeri, who brought to life the character of ‘Shiro’ in the play, announced that the episode that aired on 18th September 2018, was her last.

“The 18th of September, will have me on my last fresh episode of Auntie Boss on NTV, lakini repeats zitakuwa Maisha Magic bado. I won't pretend to not be a little bit sad because Shiro is a character I had personally fallen in love with…” she posted on her social media accounts.

The multi-talented thespian also disclosed that she will no longer be using the name ‘Shiro’.

“It will not only be my last episode on the show, but the last time you the fans will interact with me as Shiro. Since I am no longer under the show and the production company that owns the show and the character Shiro, I am required to no longer appear or engage as Shiro. I know I have no control over the millions of fans of the show referring to me as Shiro Warugongo on social media or on the streets, sitalenga, nitaitika na selfie tutapiga. All I am trying to say is I no longer represent the company or the show or the character Shiro, so anything I do or say is for Nyce Wanjeri,” she said.



Her statement comes after rumours that she was shown the door for asking for a pay rise and better terms following her nomination and win at the AMVCA2018.

Speaking to SDE, Wanjeri clarified that the reasons for her departure are not limited to finances but general contractual difference.

“My last contract expired in July of last year and we just did not agree on the new terms that were being proposed for the new season starting September this year. So, it’s not that I left, I just didn't renew my contract” she stated.

Nonetheless, Wanjeri hinted that she will still be active as an actress.

“The sky is the limit. I am an actor first and a character second. So, the characters might change depending on the various shows, but I'll still remain the performer that I am” she added.